Ingredients for Steak:
- Trimmed off fat – Beef Steak without visible fat – 100 to 110 gm.
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- 3 ½ teaspoons of cracked Black Pepper.
- 4 teaspoons Salt to taste.
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- Shallots 100 gm (Julienned Shallots).
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- 1 Garlic clove, lightly crushed.
- ½ teaspoon of Rosemary.
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar.
- 50 ml of Red Wine.
- Homemade Beef or Chicken stock.
- Butter ½ teaspoon.
Cooking Instructions for the Steak:
Before you start, let the Steak sit on the counter for 20 to 30 minutes to bring it up to room temperature.
Step 1: Brush the Steak lightly on both sides with Olive Oil and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper.
Step 2: Take a frying pan and let it heat over high flame. Make the pan super hot.
Step 3: Put your Steak gently on the pan then cook for 4 mins until medium rare.
Tip: Keep flipping the Steak every minute and make sure you evenly cook it. Keep a timer to guide you.
Cooking Instructions for the Sauce:
Step 1: Take a sauce pan, put it on flame and make it hot.
Step 2: Add Olive Oil, then add the Garlic and Rosemary.
Step 3: Add Shallots into the pan and sauté all until lightly brown.
Step 4: Sprinkle a pinch of Salt & Pepper to taste.
Step 5: Add Vinegar & cook until liquid is thickened and reduced to slightly syrupy.
Step6: Pour in the Red Wine and cook until reduced by 2/3, add the stock bring it boil.
Step 7: Whisk in the Butter, stir to blend it well.
Slice the Steak into two or three pieces; spoon the Sauce and serve with some boiled Vegetables on the side (Broccoli, Carrots, Asparagus.)